AIM AND SCOPE: The Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review is a peer reviewed international journal publishing high-quality articles dediicated to all aspects of engineering. The Journal considers only manuscripts that have not been published (or submitted simultaneously), at any language, elsewhere. Contributions are in English. The Journal is published by the Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology. All articles published in JESTR is licensed under a CC BY-NC license Copyright is by the publisher and the authors.
Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review is an Open Access journal which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of Open Access. No article submission or publishing fees are charged to the author/s.
The Journal is issued in electronic form (for free) as annual volume (free for the authors). The Journal accepts 9 types of articles defined as follows:
1. Research Articles: A research article is a regular article which aims to present new findings.
2. Letters to the Editor: A letter to the editor is a short article which aims to present new findings that require fast publication procedures.
3. Notes: A note is an article (regular or short) which aims to present rather new findings.
4. Comments: A comment is a short article that makes comments on another article already published by this Journal or replies to a comment.
5. Review Articles: A review article is an article which aims to present comprehensively already existing findings.
6. Lecture Notes: A lecture note is a short review article.
7. Monographs: A monograph is a thesis of one or more authors on a unique subject; apart form the standard reviewing procedures, a monograph must be accepted from a committee of specialists appointed by the Editor.
8. Innovations: An innovation is an article which aims to present new procedures or devices.
9. Selected conference articles: Upon an agreement with a conference committee, selected papers may be published by the Journal in a special section. In this case the editor will appoint in collaboration with the conference committee guest editors.
ETHICAL NOTES: An author is a person who has a substantial contribution to the article; all other contributions should be mentioned as acknowledments. Authors should cite only the articles which have contributed to their work; unecessary citations should not be listed. Authors should present their work as objectively as possible. Arguments that discriminate people by race, sex, origin, religion, etc are not accepted. Bogus results must not be given. Reviewers should not take advantages from the manuscript; instead, they should help the authors to improve their work. Reviewers should not criticize in public the manuscripts. The Editor guarantees the anonymity of the reviewer.
The JESTR operates a single blind review process. All contributions will be initially assessed by the editor – in - chief for suitability for the journal. Papers which are suitable, sent to a minimum of two independent expert reviewers to assess the scientific quality of the paper. The reviewer can be member of the JESTR editorial board or an expert from the worldwide scientific community. The review period depends from the research topic of the manuscript and the availability of the reviewers. An average review process period is between 1 and 4 months. In general the reviewers check the importance of the article in the scientific community, if it is easy to read it and the validity of the scientific content. An article can be rejected from the reviewers due lack of poor language quality, lack of proper structure, lack of new scientific ideas, lack of clear concepts or conclusions. The Editor is responsible for the final decision regarding acceptance or rejection of articles.